You're my favorite.

No, really - you are.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Second Time Around....

About two and a half years ago, I started a blog. I started it because I was going to Africa for two months, and it seemed like an easy way to update friends and family with where I was, what was going on, if I'd gone swimming with penguins yet (eventually: yes), etc. They could read it if they wanted to, or not. And it was all fine and dandy for the trip.

After I got back, I kept updating occasionally, but my entries became more and more sporadic, and shorter and shorter, and as time passed, I grew to actually dislike posting. Since I posted so rarely, I felt like I should only post if something of Deep Significance occurred, and Things of Deep Significance rarely occur in my life.

But I don't think blogs are only for Things of Deep Significance. I think they can be about anything, of any significance. And recently, I've been mentally writing a lot of entries as I walk to my car or sit on an airplane or watch television. Things I want to say, many of which are of no significance except that I find them interesting.

But my reluctance to post on my old blog seems permanent, and I don't think I can get past it. In fact, I don't want to get past it. So instead I'm going to try this, and see if a fresh start and a new format can help me work through this blog block and get what's in my head down on paper. Or a computer screen. Whatever.

We'll see how it goes.