You're my favorite.

No, really - you are.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

You RUN the PARKING LOT.

Who here tries to keep track of when property they own or lease is going to have some major construction done on it? Come on, show of hands.

Yep, me too. I think it’s important to know if, say, my sidewalk is being repoured, or my bathroom is being redone (Ha! I wish!), or my garage is being rebuilt (Again ha and I wish!). I think it’s something that could cause some inconvenience to me and others who walk on said sidewalk, or use said bathroom, or park in said garage. (Actually, I’m the only one who parks in the garage. I bet Ben would need to know too though.)

But apparently, the company that runs my parking lot disagrees. It doesn’t matter if the whole lot is being repaved or some such crap. Why bother to inform the people who park there until the day before, and by inform I mean leave a note on the windshield saying the lot will be closed for the next four days? Why bother to inform your front desk staff of this so that when they get angry phone calls about this they actually have some clue as to what is going on and can offer some sort of solution?

Silly me. I’ll know better next time. Because why would a company that offers a service actually want to do it well and keep its customers happy?