You're my favorite.

No, really - you are.

Monday, August 01, 2005

This is one of those butterflies-in-the-stomach days.

I just gave notice at my job. I’ve decided to go back to school to become a teacher – of secondary English, specifically. I’ll spend the next year taking a few classes that I need to get to have the appropriate number of prereq straight English classes, as well as Spanish I because in Colorado that seems very useful to learn. I’ll wait tables to pay the bills, but I can’t start looking for that just yet because Ben and I are going to Europe on August 23, so I’m not available till mid September. I’ll also volunteer in a school a few hours a week, just to make sure that this really is what I want. I think it is, but without any classroom experience, it’s hard to know for sure. Then I’ll apply for grad programs to start in the fall of 2006.

So that’s the plan. My last day at the CSO will be Friday, August 19. I’m sure I’ll be swamped until then, but after that I’ll have more than 4 days off at a time for the first time in two and a half years.

I’m excited, and a little scared. Keep your fingers crossed.